Have ever had a muscle cramp? If you have you know the pain. They are very painful. They are involuntary contractions caused by an imbalance of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, calcium, or magnesium), you’re not drinking enough water, or insufficient blood flow to the muscle.
Cramps also can be triggered by:
• Over exercise
• Very cold temperatures
• Muscle irritation
The pain impulse travels to the spinal cord, which responds by sending back impulses that create more pain, setting up a vicious cycle.
Couple tips for your diet:
• Drink more water
• Reduce or eliminate your consumption of all caffeine beverage, like coffee, tea and soda’s.
• Add juicing to your diet with per specific vegetables
Here is list of Fresh Vegetables that help muscle cramps:
• Celery, carrot and beet greens—good sources of sodium
• Swiss chard, kale and carrot—good sources of potassium
• Kale, collard greens and watercress—good sources of calcium
• Collard greens, and parsley—good sources of magnesium
• Asparagus, carrot and spinach—good sources of vitamin D
• Red pepper, kale, and collard greens—goof sources of vitamin C
Here is couple of recipes for Juicing for Muscle Cramps:
1 large bunch green grapes
2 stalks of celery
Wash fruit and vegetables. You can juice the leaves on the celery. Process all ingredients. Stir water into juice and drink.
Carrots + Celery
Small handful of parsley
1 garlic glove
2 stalks celery
4-5 Carrots, remove tops
Wash vegetables. Peel carrots if not organic and remove the tops. Celery you can leave the leaves on. Process all ingredients. Stir and drink.
I hope you enjoy these recipes and it helps you with muscle cramps.
Juice to Your Health!
You’re Juicing Fanatics,
Georgia & Tonia